- This event has passed.
Mallacoota Flathead Challenge 2019
November 16, 2019 - November 17, 2019$120.00
The Mallacoota Flathead Challenge – 2019 November 16-17
EVENT IS FULL
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TEAMS EVENT.
PLEASE ENTER AS A TEAM
THERE MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2 ANGLERS AND A MAX OF 4 ANGLERS PER TEAM
– $120 per person for each team member which includes an official 2019 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Bragmat. (Min 2 – Max 4 anglers per team) NO SHIRTS AVAILABLE.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
– Entry into the 2019 Reel It In Mallacoota Flathead Challenge.
– A 2019 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Bragmat.
– A chance to share in some awesome prizes and giveaways
MALLACOOTA FLATHEAD CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
FRIDAY – Teams to check in at the Mallacoota Hotel 5-6:30pm. A short briefing will take place at 7pm. Shirts and team bags will be given out.
SATURDAY – Key tags will be given out at the Karbeethong Boat Ramp from 7am. Fishing will commence from 7:30am when officials announce the team numbers in order.
ALL BOATS MUST LEAVE IN FORMATION FROM KARBEETHONG ONCE OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE.
ANY TEAMS THAT WISH TO LAUNCH FROM GIPSY POINT MUST LET THEIR INTENTIONS BE KNOWN TO OFFICIALS AND NOT LEAVE THE KARBEETHONG CARPARK AREA UNTIL 7:45AM ONCE OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE. THIS APPLIES TO ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND BOAT.
Key tags MUST be returned to the Mallacoota Hotel by 3:00pm. EVERY 5 MINUTES LATE WILL RESULT IN A 20 POINT PENALTY. Saturday photos judged from 3:00pm at the hotel. All photos for the day must be submitted by 4:30pm.
SUNDAY – Same times as Saturday followed by presentation and random prizes
- Teams will have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 anglers.
- Teams will leave in formation from the Karbeethong area at 7:30am. ANY TEAMS THAT WISH TO LAUNCH AT GIPSY POINT MUST SPEAK WITH OFFICIALS AND NOT LEAVE THE KARBEETHONG CARPARK AREA UNTIL 7:45AM ONCE OFFICIALS ANNOUNCE. THIS APPLIES TO ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND BOAT
- Only artificial lures are to be used. No live or dead baits. No burley.
- The use of artificial scents, eg S Factor is permitted.
- Teams must photograph all flathead alive that points are being claimed for with a digital camera or preferably a smart phone.
- All photos must be made available upon tournament officials request.
- All photos must be taken on the official 2019 Bragmat with key tag clearly visible.
- Claimed fish must be at least as long as the current minimum Victorian legal limit.
- Points are scored from your team’s best 10 flathead caught during the challenge.
- 2 points are scored per cm of each fish entered. Eg 43.5cm equals 87 points.
- Teams are to fish from the same boat. 1 Rod per person to be used at any given time.
- All Boat operators must have a current boat licence.
- All current Victorian Maritime regulations must be adhered to.
- All anglers that take part in this event do so at their own risk and that by competing in this event you agree that any member of Reel It In, its officials or associated
sponsors will not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death to any persons or objects that take part in this event.
- ALL TEAMS MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY INC. 3RD PARTY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY.