Australian Flathead Challenge 2020
October 24 - October 25$40 – $65
THE AUSTRALIAN FLATHEAD CHALLENGE 24-25 OCTOBER 2020
FAQ’s – CLICK HERE
- Each angler will receive an Australian Flathead Challenge pack which includes your Angler ID, a Rapala/Great Northern Brewery Co Bragmat and a packet of Munroes 3.75 Dusky Strike PaddleTails (while stocks last).
- Strictly 1 rod per anglers to be used at any given time.
- Enter your 5 best flathead over the weekend via the REEL IT IN APP. (Best 3 for juniors). Photos will be accepted via Email photos to email@example.com but App preferred. (App will be available to download very soon).
- You can fish any water in Australia.
- 2 points per cm will be awarded. Eg 51.5 cm will equal 103 points.
- 5 Divisions. QLD, NSW NTH, NSW STH, VIC plus the Non Dusky Flathead division fishing anywhere in Australia for all other species of flathead.
- Prizes for Top 5 in each division.Top 3 in each division for juniors.
- JUNIORS MAY ENTER ADULT DIVISION TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR MAIN PRIZES.
- Mystery Lengths prizes.
- Heaps of random draws including two $1000 cash draws.
- $500 Prize pack for the Biggest Flathead caught on a Munroes 3.75 Dusky Strike PaddleTail. $1000 Prize pack if over 1 meter. (Lures supplied. More available in the REEL IT IN shop. 20% off lures Coupon with entry).
- Compete against those in your State. Nth NSW conference starts North of Newcastle.
- You will be posted out your Australian Flathead Challenge pack from mid September. The unique weekend code will be released at www.reelitin.com.au and on social media after 10pm on Friday 23 October and must be written in the space provided on your Rapala/Great Northern Brewery Co Bragmat.
- All flathead must be photographed on your official brag mat with their mouth up against the stopper and angler ID and weekend unique code clearly visible.
- No spear fishing. Dead flathead will not be counted.
- Anyone fishing in the same boat must be entered. No sharing fish.
- All flathead must be photographed alive and be able to be released once photographed.
- All photos will be scrutinised for signs of photoshopping. Any deemed to be tampered with will result in disqualification and a lifetime ban from future events.
- PHOTOS TO BE TAKEN DIRECTLY ABOVE THE FISH. NOT ON AN ANGLE. Photos taken on an angle attempting to increase the fish length will be judged accordingly.
All photos MUST be sent via the REEL IT IN APP or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and be received by 11.59PM on 25 OCTOBER 2020.
Each State/Division winner will receive a prize pack or gift Voucher from our Major Sponsors.
Qld – $1000 Rapala, Storm, Sufix Prize pack
Nth NSW – $500 Motackle Voucher plus a $500 Motackle prize pack.
Sth NSW – $1000 SHIMANO Prize pack
Vic*- $1000 Compleat Angler Voucher.
Non Dusky Division- $1000 Rapala/BCF prize pack
Other major prizes include
– Two $1000 cash draws. Every entry has a chance!!!
Prizes will run down to 5th place in each State/Division
ENTRIES CLOSE 12 OCTOBER 2020
*Victorian Anglers please note that whilst we hope that current COVID restriction should be relaxed by the weekend Oct 24-25 in the event they are not and Victorians cannot travel a decision will be made that will be fair for all. In the event of Stage 4 restrictions still in place and not being able to fish a refund will be issued. This will also apply to other states if restrictions are brought in. This is an individual event and all local social distancing rules must be adhered to.