The Mallacoota Flathead Challenge – 2023 November 18-19
EVENT IS FULL!!! ENTRIES FOR NEW TEAMS IS NOW CLOSED.
You can still enter and become an additional member of an existing team. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE ENTER AS A TEAM
THERE MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2 ANGLERS AND A MAX OF 4 ANGLERS PER TEAM
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
– Entry into the 2023 Reel It In Mallacoota Flathead Challenge.
– Entry fee is per angler
– A 2023 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Bragmat per Team.
– 2023 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Long Sleeve Shirt
– A Packet of soft plastics.
– A chance to share in some awesome prizes and giveaways
MALLACOOTA FLATHEAD CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
FRIDAY – Teams to check in at the Mallacoota Hotel for registration.
REGISTRATION STRICTLY BETWEEN 4PM-6PM where team bags will be given out.
LATE TEAMS TO REGISTER BY 6PM WILL INCUR A 50 POINT PENALTY
A short briefing will take place at 7pm.
SATURDAY – Key tags will be given out in front of Cafe 54 from 7am. From there you will be free to go off and fish.
Key tags MUST be returned to the Mallacoota Hotel by 3:00pm. EVERY 5 MINUTES LATE WILL RESULT IN A 20 POINT PENALTY. Saturday photos judged from 3:00pm at the hotel. All photos for the day must be submitted by 4:30pm.
SUNDAY – Same times as Saturday followed by presentation and random prizes
- Teams will have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 anglers.
- At least 1 team member must pick up the teams key tag at 7am outside Cafe 54 each morning
- Only artificial lures are to be used. No live or dead baits. No burley.
- The use of artificial scents, eg Strikerz is permitted.
- Teams must photograph all flathead alive that points are being claimed for with a smart phone.
- All photos must be made available upon tournament officials request.
- All photos must be taken on the official 2023 Bragmat with key tag clearly visible.
- Claimed fish must be at least as long as the current minimum Victorian legal limit.
- Points are scored from your team’s best 10 flathead caught during the challenge.
- 2 points are scored per cm of each fish entered. Eg 43.5cm equals 87 points.
- Teams are to fish from the same boat. 1 Rod per person to be used at any given time.
- All Boat operators must have a current boat licence.
- All current Victorian Maritime regulations must be adhered to.
- All anglers that legally require a Victorian Fishing License to fish in Victoria must have one.
- All anglers that take part in this event do so at their own risk and that by competing in this event you agree that any member of Reel It In, its officials or associated sponsors will not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death to any persons or objects that take part in this event.
- ALL TEAMS MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY INC. 3RD PARTY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY.