Mallacoota Flathead Challenge 2021
November 20 - November 21$120
The Mallacoota Flathead Challenge – 2021 November 20-21
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.
WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING WE CAN TO GET TO MALLACOOTA. THE TOWN NEEDS US ALL.
ENTRY FEE REDUCED TO $120 WITH NO SHIRTS
PLACES MAY BE LIMITED
REEL IT IN HAS OPENED THIS EVENT BASED ON THE VICTORIAN GOVERNMENTS ROAD MAP DATES OUT OF THE CURRENT LOCKDOWNS.
IN EVENT OF CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGING AND THE EVENT NO LONGER BEING ABLE TO BE HELD, A $100 REFUND WILL BE ISSUED. THIS $20 FEE WILL BE TO COVER PAYPAL FEES , INSURANCE AND ADMIN.
THIS WILL APPLY UP UNTIL REEL IT IN STARTS SPENDING MONEY ON THE EVENT WHICH WE WILL HOLD OFF FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE.
IN THE EVENT OF GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS LIMITING NUMBERS, IT WILL BE A CASE OF FIRST IN, FISRT SERVED AND THE LATER TEAMS WILL BE REFUNDED
In the event of the Victorian Government mandating Vaccinations for Covid 19 for restaurants and pub patrons, please note that to enter the Hotel and be part of the proceedings you will be required to show proof to the Hotel staff. This has nothing to do with REEL IT IN and at the time of release of this event is not mandatory.
Hotel Patrons will need to abide by the current Covid Safe Plan of the Mallacoota Hotel.
PLEASE ENTER AS A TEAM
THERE MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2 ANGLERS AND A MAX OF 4 ANGLERS PER TEAM
– $120 per person for each team member which includes an official 2021 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Bragmat for each Team. (Min 2 – Max 4 anglers per team)
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
– Entry into the 2021 Reel It In Mallacoota Flathead Challenge.
– A 2021 Mallacoota Flathead Challenge Bragmat per Team.
– A Packet of soft plastics.
– A chance to share in some awesome prizes and giveaways
MALLACOOTA FLATHEAD CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
FRIDAY – Teams to check in at the Mallacoota Hotel 5-6:30pm. A short briefing will take place at 7pm. Bragmats and gear will be given out.
SATURDAY – Key tags will be given out in front of the Mallacoota Hotel from 7am. From there you will be free to go off and fish.
Key tags MUST be returned to the Mallacoota Hotel by 3:00pm. EVERY 5 MINUTES LATE WILL RESULT IN A 20 POINT PENALTY. Saturday photos judged from 3:00pm at the hotel. All photos for the day must be submitted by 4:30pm.
SUNDAY – Same times as Saturday followed by presentation and random prizes
- Teams will have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 anglers.
- At least 1 team member must pick up the teams key tag at 7am outside the Mallacoota Hotel each morning
- Only artificial lures are to be used. No live or dead baits. No burley.
- The use of artificial scents, eg Strikerz is permitted.
- Teams must photograph all flathead alive that points are being claimed for with a smart phone.
- All photos must be made available upon tournament officials request.
- All photos must be taken on the official 2021 Bragmat with key tag clearly visible.
- Claimed fish must be at least as long as the current minimum Victorian legal limit.
- Points are scored from your team’s best 10 flathead caught during the challenge.
- 2 points are scored per cm of each fish entered. Eg 43.5cm equals 87 points.
- Teams are to fish from the same boat. 1 Rod per person to be used at any given time.
- All Boat operators must have a current boat licence.
- All current Victorian Maritime regulations must be adhered to.
- All anglers that legally require a Victorian Fishing License to fish in Victoria must have one.
- All anglers that take part in this event do so at their own risk and that by competing in this event you agree that any member of Reel It In, its officials or associated
sponsors will not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death to any persons or objects that take part in this event.
- ALL TEAMS MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY INC. 3RD PARTY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY.