Mallacoota Bream Challenge 2020
August 15 - August 16$100 – $150
The “Let’s Support” Mallacoota Bream Challenge – 2020
This event is to bring people back into Mallacoota. After one of the toughest years in history, we hope this can fill some of the accommodation at Mallacoota and get the local traders some business. Please come as empty handed as you can and spend something in the town.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TEAMS EVENT.
PLEASE ENTER AS A TEAM
TEAMS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 2 ANGLERS AND A MAX OF 4 ANGLERS (Please note that the current social distancing rules at the time of the event will need to be maintained)
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- $150 or ($100 no Hoodie)
- A REEL IT IN event Hoodie.
- Team Event Bragmat
- A Show bag per person
- A chance to share in some awesome prizes and giveaways
- Disclaimer- Please note that in case of a cancellation due to Covid-19 the event entry will be refunded less a $20 admin/insurance fee. Once goods (hoodies and other gear) have been purchased these items would be posted to you and a refund would be based on remaining funds.
THIS EVENT WILL HAVE TWO DIVISIONS
- DIVISION 1. Enter this division if your team is experienced at bream fishing, has previously fished in Bream Competitions or fishes for bream regularly. BEST 10 FISH FOR THE WEEKEND
- DIVISION 2. Enter this division if you are new to bream on lures and wanting to get into fishing for them and to have a crack. BEST 6 FISH FOR THE WEEKEND.
- It is totally up to your team which division they would like to enter. For e.g. even if you are new to Bream on lures you are most welcome to enter Divi 1
MALLACOOTA BREAM CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
Please note that due to the Covid 19 virus the locations may change. If we are forced to run the event keeping our distance then appropriate measures and schedules will be put in place. If restrictions are lifted further and we are able to use a location to host from we will.
FRIDAY – A video briefing will be available to watch and show bag and Bragmat pickup will be from 3pm at the BBQ area at Beachcomber Caravan Park. Please maintain current social distancing measures.
SATURDAY – Key tags and scorecards will be given out at Pelican Petes Caltex from 7:00am for Division A and 7:30am for Division B. Once you have your key tag you are free to go and fish. Key tags and scorecards must be returned by 2:30pm for Division 1 and 3;00pm for Division 2 at the Beachcomber BBQ area. EVERY 5 MINUTES LATE WILL RESULT IN A 20 POINT PENALTY. All photos for the day must be submitted by 4:00pm. More details will be announced at the Video Briefing.
- Division 1 7am – 2:30pm
- Division 2 7:30am – 3pm
If restrictions are eased and we can get together for a bbq or similar in the evening we will arrange this.
Day 1 positions and results will be released. Location TBC
SUNDAY – Same times as Saturday followed by presentation and random prizes. Location TBC
- This is catch and release photograph on a brag mat event. No live weigh in.
- Current Vic social distancing rules must be upheld.
- Teams will have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 anglers.
- In lure divisions. Only artificial lures are to be used. No live or dead baits. No burley.
- The use of artificial scents, eg S Factor is permitted.
- Teams must photograph all bream alive that points are being claimed for with a digital camera or preferably a smart phone.
- All photos must be made available upon tournament officials request.
- All photos must be taken on the official 2020 Bragmat with key tag clearly visible.
- Claimed fish must be at least as long as the current minimum Victorian legal limit. (28cm)
- Division 1….. Points are scored from your team’s best 10 bream caught during the challenge.
- Division 2…. Points are scored from your team’s best 6 bream caught during the challenge.
- 2 points are scored per cm of each fish entered. Eg 34.5cm equals 69 points.
- Teams are to fish from the same boat. 1 Rod per person to be used at any given time.
- All Boat operators must have a current boat licence.
- Boats must carry appropriate safety gear as required by Victorian law.
- All anglers must have a current Victorian Fishing Licence.
- All current Victorian Maritime regulations must be adhered to.
- All anglers that take part in this event do so at their own risk and that by competing in this event you agree that any member of Reel It In, its officials or associated sponsors will not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death to any persons or objects that take part in this event.
- ALL TEAMS MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY INC. 3RD PARTY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY.