Mallacoota Bream Challenge 2020
June 6 - June 7$150
The “Let’s Support” Mallacoota Bream Challenge – 2019 JUNE 6-7
This event is to bring people back into Mallacoota. We hope this can fill some of the accomodation at Mallacoota and get the local traders some business. Please come as empty handed as you can and spend something in the town.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TEAMS EVENT.
PLEASE ENTER AS A TEAM
TEAMS TO BE A MINIMUM OF 2 ANGLERS AND A MAX OF 4 ANGLERS
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES
- A REEL IT IN event Hoodie.
- Team Event Bragmat
- A Show bag per person with over $150 value inc. Hoodie
- A chance to share in some awesome prizes and giveaways
THIS EVENT WILL HAVE TWO DIVISIONS
- DIVISION 1. Enter this division if your team is experienced at bream fishing, has previously fished in Bream Competitions or fishes for bream regularly. BEST 10 FISH FOR THE WEEKEND
- DIVISION 2. Enter this division if you are new to bream on lures and wanting to get into fishing for them and to have a crack. BEST 6 FISH FOR THE WEEKEND.
- It is totally up to your team which division they would like to enter. For e.g. even if you are new to Bream on lures you are most welcome to enter Divi 1
MALLACOOTA BREAM CHALLENGE SCHEDULE
We hope that we can share the love and utilise different venues each evening so that many benefit. We are working on finalising this.
FRIDAY – Mallacoota Golf Club. Registration and event bags from 3-6pm followed by a short briefing at 7pm. Locals will arrange buses to transport all to the golf club so you don’t need to worry about driving.
SATURDAY – Key tags will be given out at Pelican Petes Caltex from 7:00am for Division A and 7:30am for Division B. Once you have your key tag you are free to go and fish. Key tags must be returned by 2:30pm for Division 1 and 3;00pm for Division 2 at the Mallacoota Hotel and photos submitted. EVERY 5 MINUTES LATE WILL RESULT IN A 20 POINT PENALTY. All photos for the day must be submitted by 4:00pm.
- Division 1 7am – 2:30pm
- Division 2 7:30am – 3pm
Join us for a BBQ from 5pm on Saturday put on by the locals. Location TBC but we strongly encourage all to attend this BBQ where all proceeds raised will go into the Mallacoota Bushfire Recovery fund.
Day 1 results will be released and some random draws will take place. (location TBC)
SUNDAY – Same times as Saturday followed by presentation and random prizes at the Mallacoota Hotel from 6pm
- This is catch and release photograph on a brag mat event. No live weigh in.
- Teams will have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 anglers.
- In lure divisions. Only artificial lures are to be used. No live or dead baits. No burley.
- The use of artificial scents, eg S Factor is permitted.
- Teams must photograph all bream alive that points are being claimed for with a digital camera or preferably a smart phone.
- All photos must be made available upon tournament officials request.
- All photos must be taken on the official 2020 Bragmat with key tag clearly visible.
- Claimed fish must be at least as long as the current minimum Victorian legal limit. (28cm)
- Division 1….. Points are scored from your team’s best 10 bream caught during the challenge.
- Division 2…. Points are scored from your team’s best 6 bream caught during the challenge.
- 2 points are scored per cm of each fish entered. Eg 34.5cm equals 69 points.
- Teams are to fish from the same boat. 1 Rod per person to be used at any given time.
- All Boat operators must have a current boat licence.
- Boats must carry appropriate safety gear as required by law.
- All anglers must have a current Victorian Fishing Licence.
- All current Victorian Maritime regulations must be adhered to.
- All anglers that take part in this event do so at their own risk and that by competing in this event you agree that any member of Reel It In, its officials or associated sponsors will not be responsible for any loss, damage, injury or death to any persons or objects that take part in this event.
- ALL TEAMS MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THEIR CURRENT BOAT INSURANCE POLICY INC. 3RD PARTY AND PUBLIC LIABILITY.